cTrader is one of the robust and independent trading platform solutions for forex and CFD. The platform is designed and developed by Spotware Systems Ltd. and has gain fame within a short period of time. It is a powerful platform with several advanced features and tools. It also allows the users to trade directly with the international banks, removing the intermediaries in the live trading environment. The platform has a user interface available in 14 languages. It provides access to trading on the financial markets through a web browser, desktop, and mobile application. It is an award-winning trading platform. It also allows metal trading. It also gives access to a deep liquidity in 64 currency pairs plus 13 major equity indices.
Features of cTrader:
- Rich Charting and Technical Analysis– The user can choose from a number of rich chart modes and timeframes. It has more than 60 technical indicators. The user can customize the charts and colors. One can create an order directly from the chart. Also available with the feature of Linked Chart.
- Quick Trade mode– One can open, close, and modify the order using a single click available in every section of the platform and hence is useful in the fast-moving market.
- cTrader Copy– It enables users to become a Strategy Provider and can broadcast the strategy for a commission or fee. There are risk management settings.
- cTrader Automate– It provides the feature of developing algorithmic trading robots for automating their trading strategies. For writing code, there is an integrated development environment for testing and optimizing their robots and indicators.
- cTrader Open API– It allows the user to build their own applications.
- Different Modes– The platform is available with web, mobile, and desktop versions.
- Interactive platform– The platform is available in 14 languages and hence makes it more suitable and in reach for users of different languages.
Advantages of cTrader:
The platform provides a number of advantages over the other trading platforms. Few of them are-
- Speed and Transparency– It gives the confidence to the user/trader and frees them from the inefficiency of traditional Market Makers in order to execute their transactions quickly in a transparent environment.
- Execution of order– The instantaneous execution of orders with minimum latency and slippage.
- Different base currencies– the trader can trade with a different trading account in different base currencies along with a quick switch from one account to another.
- Advanced Price Charts– The price charts are customizable, richly designed, and full of indicators. Such a rich environment provides the user with the best opportunities. A number of time-intervals and zoom levels for giving an in-depth analysis of the market price action.
- Graphical Template– It allows the user to create and save the graphical templates and organize a list with recently and frequently used currency pairs.
- Different languages support– It gives the user the flexibility to switch between 14 languages according to their comfort.
Disadvantages of cTrader:
- There are not many disadvantages associated with the cTrader platform. However, algo trading cannot be considered much reliable.
- The built-in bots are not advanced enough to execute the trades when required the most. Hence that can result in losses in trading.
- For algo-trading, the users have to create their personalized robots. Making such personalized robots requires good learning of tools.
- The Stop-loss order fluctuates significantly many times.
Comparison with the MetaTrader 4/5:
MetaTrader 4/5 is an electronic trading platform. MetaTrader 4 has a raw layout having features of simplicity and Expert Advisor bots. The MetaTrader 5 differs from it in flexibility and higher capacity. While on the other side, there is cTrader, which is advanced than both the MetaTrader 4 and 5. The cTrader has a modern design with advanced editing capabilities, market depth options, and orders which are not available with the MetaTrader 4 and 5.
While the MetaTrader 4 and 5 have been built as an application for desktop and mobile, the cTrader was initially designed for the web platform and is easily accessible from any of the browsers.
The MetaTrader 4 and 5 are available with the Expert Advisors trading bots. The equivalent of trading bots at the cTrader platform is the cAlgo.
cTrader surpasses the MetaTrader 4 and 5 with the depth assessment options- standard, price, and VWAP.
The cTrader has emerged as one of the best trading platforms since 2012 and has dominated over the MetaTrader 4 and 5 with a number of advanced features. It is an awarded platform and has got a number of positive reviews. Its advantages outweigh the disadvantages. It is highly suitable for both beginners and experts. The major problem with it is in algo-trading. For that reason, the user can opt for manual trading. The advance charts help the user to get engaged in trading in a live environment. Click here to get more updates & information on forex trading, forex brokers, and forex trading platform.